Topics

Bushu16, Capital Markets, Cooking, Economics, Finance, Fitness, Phone Stuff, Photography, Spirits, Technology, Leadership

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hunt for another beast...

Its been almost four years now with HTC's TyTN II and the time has come to make a choice again!
I still remember the time when I started looking for windows mobile OS in late 2007 and ended up buying TyTN II. People then used to wonder and question why I am so involved in the  phone analysis and some who understood still come to me or have started the same and the rest will never understand (phone is to just make calls, huh!)
It was then I came across this very informative and useful site GSM Arena. It shows me whatever detail I need. And it was then, I fell in love with HTC and soon I realized that, companies like Nokia, Motorola, Sony Ericsson... (rulers in that era) have no future. Ofcourse, it was very hard to convince my parents and friends who where either craving for Nokia N95 or N73 (if I remember correct) and it was quite challenging to oppose or criticize these models but I could foresee the change - a revolution which is known to us as 'Smartphone' today!
I believe the time has come again and this time it is more difficult for obvious reasons, my mind asks why can't I just assemble a phone with all the specification I want (A CUSTOM MADE PHONE,  WOW!!!). But, I am sad I can't do it :(
Now, the question is what is available to select from. I still somehow feel it will be possible to have customized phone but that is separate topic :P For now am looking
OS : Android (WinMo, Apple just can't get out of the patent name game, I believe in freeing the mind)
Processor : "Dual Core" it must be
RAM : worshiped like the Hindu god
Screen : One of the most important and decisive factor, should be atleast AMOLED if not PixelQi. Should also be 3D
I am not so found of high mega pixel cameras in phones. Photography is a completely separate subject for me and I love to shoot with an SLR.
Ofcourse, decent Audio processor is a must since it will also be used as personal music device :)

UPDATE : I have finally found the beast I was looking for, the all new HTC ONE X
OS : Android Ice cream sandwich
Processor : Quad core Nvidia Tegra 3
RAM : 1 GB
Screen : Magnificent 4.7 inch IPS S-LCD2 with Corning Gorilla Glass
Audio processor by Beats Audio
Camera : 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Simultaneous HD video recording 1080p@30fps & capture, geo-tagging, face and smile detection, video stabilization
Camera 2 : 1.3 MP, 720p
Sensors : Accelerometer, Gyrometer, Proximity, Compass
...

UPDATE : just another update to show the power of my HTC One X :)

No comments: