Topics

Bushu16, Capital Markets, Cooking, Economics, Finance, Fitness, Phone Stuff, Photography, Spirits, Technology, Leadership

Monday, January 9, 2017

Yes, real men do cry!

I am raised in a culture where I am told, "You are a man, don't cry!". I've never understood why it is considered sissy if a men cries. Don't we have feelings? We are humans and have emotional quotient!
...and more importantly crying is not losing or giving up!

Change is the only constant thing, I reflect on my life - a lot has changed in the last year. One thing for sure, I seldom write. I don't even remember when I wrote last. Probably half a year ago.
I am not complaining, life is getting hectic, too much is going on - both, on personal and professional front.

Work has taken almost all my attention and... sadly the time. I am still with the L&T Infotech, which is now listed on National Stock Exchange (NSE) and is the 6th ranking Indian IT co. by NASSCOM. The year 2016 has been very challenging and stressful. The former part is why am still here but, it's the latter which is now affecting me. Life has taken a back seat :-(
I am not in the best shape of health either. Fighting a painful battle with my dental infection, lost a tooth. Shoulder injury keeping me away from the gym and to add to my excruciation, recently fractured my hand. But I will be back in shape and peak of my health in 2017.

Relationships are hard. Maintaining a distant relationship is harder. They need time and attention. Sometimes, life just doesn't go according to your plan. Anything you do - good or bad, will be taken against you. Like a wise man, I try to learn from my mistakes and trying to improve. "It's the effort that matters, result might be positive or negative.  The day you stop trying to improve, is when you actually fail." I've realized it hard way but still haven't learnt the best technique to balance work life ...working on it! Probably will write my findings, hope it will be helpful to someone ;-)
Learning: Always be honest, no matter how unexplainable the situation is. Honesty will save you in the long run.

However, there has also been wonders this year. We are blessed with cute little baby boy. It is the best thing that has happened to me. There aren't enough words to explain the feeling. It is extremely blissful to see him do cute things, his expressions and the way he reciprocates to my gestures. His thought brings smile on my face and the fact he is thousands of kilometers away brings tears to my eyes.

It is unbelievable what my son has taught me about my parents.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.