Topics

Bushu16, Capital Markets, Cooking, Economics, Finance, Fitness, Phone Stuff, Photography, Spirits, Technology, Leadership

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Wonders of milk - Jo kheer piye so veer thiye...


This post is dedicated to all my sindhi folks out there...


During my childhood days my mother was obsessed with qualities of milk and just like most other kids I hated it too but she gavage me. I still remember, she used to recite a very nice poetry when I refused drinking and am sure most of the sindhi kids must have heard too. It goes like...

Jo Kheer Piye
So veer thiye
Dand zor vathhan
Daadha sunhira lagan
Akhiun ji jyot vadhe
Dadhi sunha thiye
Vathe zor badan
Lighan chust thiyan
Kheer safa sutho
Wah dadho mitho
Baaro acho piyoun
Bhare khir vatiyoun
De khir amma
Pee Parhan Vanya :)

Non sindhi folks, I know you must have stopped reading it after the second line... It means:
The one who drinks milk
Becomes brave/heroic
Has Strong teeth
Looks very handsome
The glow in his eyes increases
Develops strong limbs
Milk is so good
Oh so sweet
Come children
The bowls are filled with milk
Give me milk mother
So that I drink and go to study

As I grew older I started liking it and I like milk till this day. In fact I still prefer milk over coffee or tea. 
I don't know why, today while drinking milk, this poem came to my mind and how my mother used to recite it.
Here is the audio if you would like to cherish your old memories 
Jo kheer piye


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I loved the poem! My mum also used to sing the same to me! :)

Bhushan Lalwani said...

@Sonal,
Yeah I like it too.. Did u hear it. There is an audio attached to it!

Anonymous said...

Naah, didn't will do it right way :P

Anonymous said...

hahahah! just listened! too cute! Refreshed those days, when mum was around :)

Suresh Kumar Chandwani said...

Every child, who is just going for sleep.Mother has to sing this song for betterment of child.

Unknown said...

Hin kavita laye tavah jo din sa dhanyavaad,
Puri lainu mukhe bhi yaad kona huyu, aj jadin pehenji dhiya khe hiye kavaita budhaen lagyum ta visri vayi, internet te tavhan je post sa sab yaad aayun.
Be kaai bhi yaad hunev ta jaroor likhjo. Pehenji boliye khe jindo rakhna hande asanje hi hath me aahe.